Getting started as a landlord has a steep learning curve. Unfortunately, much of the knowledge is locked up in books or with the people that have experience. This makes it difficult to learn quickly, since often the advice is to learn through the experience of buying your first property and making all of the mistakes.
Looking around on the web, it is hard to find the top landlord blogs that share that experience with others. We thought we would help out by doing the leg work of pulling together the best rental property blogs out there, so you can have a single place to find all of the knowledge. This list focuses on general landlord information. If you are interested specifically in maximizing profit through furnished apartments and corporate housing for business travelers, check out the Homesuite landlord blog for more information.
Here are the top 19 landlord blogs on the web:
1. Bigger Pockets (www.biggerpockets.com): largest social networking site for real estate investors and a great source of knowledge.
2. No Nonsense Landlord (http://www.nononsenselandlord.com/): general website from an experienced landlord
3. The Landlord Chronicles (https://buyfixrent.wordpress.com/): tips by Barb, an experienced independent property owner
4. Mother of All Landlords (http://motherofalllandlords.com/landlord-blog/): general advice
4. Let's Talk PM (https://www.letstalkpm.com/blogs/home): articles and forum on RE investment and property management
5. Ideal Real Estate Investing (https://idealrei.com/blog): website focused on financial independence through investment
6. Rental Realities (http://www.rentalrealities.com/): investment property and management information
7. Tenant Screening Blog (http://www.tenantscreeningblog.com/): focused on screening tenants to improve returns
8. Get Rich Slowly (http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/): personal finance with a slant toward real estate
9. Real Estate in your Twenties (http://realestateinyourtwenties.com/blog/): focused on financial freedom through real estate investing
10. Hands on Real Estate Investing (http://handsonrealestateinvesting.com/): great blog for getting started as an investor
11. Memphis Invest (http://blog.memphisinvest.com/): real estate advice from Memphis Invest with a slant toward acquisition
12. Cornelius Camp (http://corneliuscamp.com/): general real estate tips with information on being an agent and an owner
13. Big Money Investor (http://bigmoneyinvestor.com/): guide to financial freedom through real estate investing
14. Best Ever Real Estate Investing Advice (http://joefairless.com/show/): information from experts
15. Hipster Investments (http://hipsterinvestments.com/): focused on real estate investing while minimizing the work
16. RE Tipster (http://retipster.com/): focused on part-time real estate investors
17. Just Ask Ben (https://justaskbenwhy.com/): real estate investing to secure financial freedom
18. Invest Four More (https://investfourmore.com/): focused on tips for becoming financially independent through passive income
19. Duplex.net (http://duplex.net/): focused on investing and managing duplexes
We hope this list of the best landlord blogs helps! Best of luck!
Anything we missed? Leave us a comment with your thoughts.
Was this article helpful? Take a moment to bookmark it, send it to someone who could use it or share it on social media using the social buttons by the title of this article.
Let’s keep in touch. Enter your email here to join our newsletter:
Homesuite is the leading provider of monthly furnished rentals for business travel. We are differentiated by combining the comfort of home with the professionality of a hotel. Our customers include Google, Facebook, Microsoft and thousands of smaller businesses. In addition to our business offering, we also serve individuals traveling for work and personal reasons. Founded in 2014, we operate across the United States with specific focus in large urban markets.